What are train spotters called?
- What are train spotters called?
- Why is Trainspotting called Trainspotting?
- Why is Trainspotting popular?
- Why is a person called an anorak?
- Where can I see Trainspotting?
- Why do nerds like trains?
- What is the meaning cagoule?
- Does Hbomax have Trainspotting?
- What is Trainspotting about?
- Is Trainspotting a comedy?
- What is train spotting?
- What is a Train Spotter?
What are train spotters called?
A railfan, rail buff or train buff (American English), railway enthusiast or railway buff (Australian/British English), trainspotter or ferroequinologist is a person interested, recreationally, in rail transport.
Why is Trainspotting called Trainspotting?
The film title is a reference to a scene in the book where Begbie and Renton meet "an auld drunkard" who turns out to be Begbie's estranged father, in the disused Leith Central railway station, which they are using as a toilet. He asks them if they are "trainspottin'".
Why is Trainspotting popular?
So why did Trainspotting capture the popular imagination in a way that few British indie films have before or since? Partly, it's a case of impeccable timing. The film is of course synonymous with the Britpop era, thanks largely to soundtrack contributions from the likes of Blur, Pulp, Underworld and Sleeper.
Why is a person called an anorak?
An "anorak" is someone who is either very knowledgeable or interested in a subject. ... The term comes from the deeply unfashionable plastic anoraks of the 70s and 80s, which supposedly people who obsess about such subjects would wear.
Where can I see Trainspotting?
Right now you can watch Trainspotting on Paramount+ or Showtime. You are able to stream Trainspotting by renting or purchasing on Vudu, Amazon Instant Video, and iTunes.
Why do nerds like trains?
Why do nerds like trains? - Quora. There is no single answer to your question. All sorts of people like trains and a fascination with them often begins in childhood. Nerds may take the time to gain broader knowledge about trains than the average person does, leading to a fuller appreciation of the iron horse.
What is the meaning cagoule?
A cagoule (French: [kaɡul]), also spelled cagoul, kagoule or kagool, is the British English term for a lightweight (usually without lining), weatherproof raincoat or anorak with a hood, which often comes in knee-length form.
Does Hbomax have Trainspotting?
Can I stream Trainspotting on HBO Max? Trainspotting is not currently available to stream on HBO Max.
What is Trainspotting about?
- A trainspotter is someone who is very interested in trains and spends time going to stations and recording the numbers of the trains that they see.
Is Trainspotting a comedy?
- Trainspotting is a 1996 British crime comedy drama movie. It is based on the novel of the same name. This movie is about heroin addicts in late 1980s Edinburgh .
What is train spotting?
- Wiktionary (0.00 / 0 votes)Rate this definition: train spotting(Noun) The hobby of collecting the numbers and names of locomotives seen at railway stations and other vantage points.
What is a Train Spotter?
- train spotter. n. 1. ( Trainspotting ) a person who collects the numbers of railway locomotives. 2. informal a person who is obsessed with trivial details, esp of a subject generally considered uninteresting.